Class 12 C English | Unit: 8 | Human Culture | Land of plenty | Grammar Exercise Solution
Grammar Exercise Solution
Use the words from the brackets to complete the sentences.
- This house is very small. I want to buy a …much bigger…………. one. (much / big)
- I liked the magic show. It was ..far more exciting..…… than I’d expected. (far / exciting)
- It was very cold yesterday. It’s ...a bit warmer….. today. (a bit / warm)
- The warmer the weather the ….better.…… I feel. (good)
- An average American earns …considerably higher…………….. than an average Nepali. (considerably / high
- Health care in Nepal is not as …expensive..…… as it is in the US. (expensive)
- I think the problem is …far more complicated …….. than it seems. (far / complicated)
- You are driving very fast. Would you please drive …a bit more slowly…….? (a bit/ slowly)
- Your handwriting is not legible. Can you write ..a bit neater.…..? (a bit/ neat)
Rewrite the following sentences with the sentence beginnings given below.
- Kabir is less intelligent than he pretends. He is not as talented as he pretends.
- I am busy today but I was busier yesterday. I’m not as busy as I was yesterday.
- Hari has lived in Kathmandu for 10 years but Bikram for 20 years. Bikram has lived more than Hari in Kathmandu.
- I used to study 12 hours a day but nowadays I study only 5 hours a day. I don’t study as much as I used to.
- It’s a very good room in our hotel. In fact, it’s the best one.
- He earns 30 thousand rupees a month but spends 40 thousand. He spends more than he earns.
- There is no other mountain higher than Mt. Everest in the world. Mt. Everest is the highest one.
- The place was nearer than I thought. It was not as far as I had thought it to be.
- Bharat can play better than Mohan. Mohan can’t play as good as Bharat.