- What is written communication? Discuss it’s advantages and disadvantages.
Ans: It uses verbal way to send the message to the receiver. It is known for reliable and authentic, medium of communication. It is reliable mode in business communication.
Advantages/Benefits of written communication:
1. Legal and permanent records for the future.
2. Uses formal format
3. reliable and authentic
4. Increases organization’s credibility
5. Easy and wide access
6. Lack of risk and distortion
Formula to Remember: LURI EL
Disadvantages/drawbacks of written communication:
1. It costs a lot.
2. Lack of secrecy
3. Only useful for educated
4. Complex and less flexible
5. Killing of time
6. Late response
Formula to Remember: I LOCK L