What is Business Communication? Explain its importance and nature. (10)
BBS Second Year English Note
Ans : Business communication is a way of sharing the ideas, information and knowledge. Its main aim is to achieve organisational goals. These things are exchanged inside and outside the organisation. Members of the organisation share and participate in communication to follow their goals. Without proper and precise communication, an organisation can’t survive longer. This communication is done to do business dealings and fulfil organisation’s purpose.
- Business communication is also a kind of communication where we share our ideas, message and information to get organisational goals/objectives. Main aim is to contribute the organisation.
- It helps to increase the name, fame and image of the organisation.
- It helps to achieve organisation’s goals like planning and controlling. The most important thing is to convey our message.
- Sender and Receive should understand the message.
Nature of Business Communication:
- Exchanging Information and message.
- Regular and Natural Process
- Involvement of Two or More
- Creates mutual understanding
- Uses many channels
- Two way process
- Creates interpersonal relations
- Symbolic and Social activity
- Flowing Everywhere
Importance of Business Communication:
- It is a base for coordination
- Helps to achieve organisational Goals
- Directs Team members
- Work goes fluently
- Reduces cost and time
- Motivates employees
- Builds relationship between employer and employee
- Base of decision Making
- Leaderships becomes effective
- It creates trust and confidence