NEB Class 11 Biology Model Question Collection from Different School
DEVI SECONDARY SCHOOL
Sub Code: 2011
Class : XI Time : 3 hrs
Subject : Biology FM : 75
[Candidates are required to give their answer in their own words as for as practicable the figure on the right side indicates full marks.]
Attempt all questions.
Circle the correct one from given alternatives. (11 ×1 = 11)
1.Which of the following base is purine?
a.Thymine b. Uracil c. Cytosine d. Adenine
2.Miller and Urey designed an experiment and try to recreate the environment of primitive earth to support the theory of biochemical origin of life. Which composition he has used to produce simple amino acids?
a.Ammonia, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and water vapour
b.Ammonia, Methane, Hydrogen, and water vapour
c.Ammonia, Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, and water vapour
d.Ammonia, Nitrogen, Oxygen, and water vapour
3.Basic unit of classification is
a.Genus b. Species c. Order d. Class
4.Conjugation results in the formation of…..
a.Oosphore b. Oocyte c. Zygospore d. Zoospore
5. Which of the following is a practice of in-situ conservation of biodiversity?
a.Botanical garden b. Wildlife sanctuary c. Zoo d. Seed bank
6. Phylloclade is modification of
a.Stem b. Leaf margin c.Branch d. Petiole
7. “Ontogeny repeats phylogeny” is the brief definition of….
a. Darwinism b. Mutation theory c.Biogenetic law d. Abiogenesis
8.The surprise product in Miller’s experiment were….
a.Nucleotides b. Nucleic acid c.Peptides d. Amino acids
9.Sulphur cycle is an example of…….
a.Gasses cycle b. Hydrological cycle c.Sedimentary cycle d. Both a and c
10.What is the name of the class Protozoa, to which Amoeba belongs?
a.Mastigophora b. Opalinata c.Rhizopoda d. Ciliata
11.The seeds of Pinus represents ….generation(s).
a.1 b. 2 c.3 d. 4
Give short answer to the following questions. (8 × 5 =40)
- Write any five characteristics of Rhodophyceae.
- Explain the economic importance of Pteridophytes.
Explain the morphology of fern.
- Write short notes on productivity.
- Write causes, impacts and control of land pollution.
- Explain any five ways, how microorganisms play an important role in the field of medicine?
- Describe the locomotion in Paramecium.
- Discuss the physiology of digestion in earthworm.
Enlist the function of liver of frog.
- Explain the drawbacks of the theory of natural selection.
Give long answer to the following questions. (3 × 8 =24)
- Explain the family Cruciferae (Brassicaceae) in semi technical terms with distinguishing characters, floral formula and floral diagram with two examples of the economic importance.
Describe the morphology and reproduction in Mucor.
- Describe reproductive organs of earthworm with diagram.
- Elaborate meiosis-I with well labelled diagram.
– The end –